When: Wednesday 11 May 2016 from 5:30pm to 9pm
Where: Seven Springs Golf & Country Club
3535 Trophy Blvd
New Port Richey, FL 34655
How Much: $20 by registering online or $25 at the door
You can register by going here: http://bit.ly/TechTalk2016
1. Set up your account with HootSuite
2. Once your account is set up and you're logged in, you'll want to add your social media account. [Twitter is a good account to start with.]
3. After you've added your social media account and authorized the app, you'll want to add your "streams".
4. One way to add a "stream": go to the "streams" page, click the "+" in the far top right hand corner of the "streams" tab bar.
5. You should get a dialogue box that allows you to choose the social media account (depending upon how many of your accounts you connected to HootSuite) and the stream you want to add.
6. Now that you've added a stream, you can compose messages and either schedule them to be published at a date in the future or post them right now.
7. Above the streams tabs you'll see a "compose message" dialogue box. Click on that box and it will expand to give you a range of composing and publishing options.
A. "Compose Message..." box is the area for writing your post
B. "Find Profile..." box is where you can choose to which social media accounts you want to publish your post.
C. "Add a link..." this is where you'll post the url from a webpage, website, or article you want to attach for sharing, comment, and/or discussion
D. Tag icon – click this to tag your post with keywords
E. Paperclip icon – click this to add an attachment
F. Calendar icon – click here to schedule your post to be published on a future date
G. Location pin icon – click here if you want to tag your current geo location
H. Globe icon – click this to enter some demographic info for whom you want to target your message
I. Lock icon – this involves privacy settings for the circles in G+ with whom you want to share
J. Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn icons – these icons with the numbers beside them are a counter counting down how much of the character limit you've used for each platform
K. Clear button – click this button to clear what you've just been working on
L. Save button – click on this for some different options to save your work
M. Send Now or Schedule button – just like the name says send it now or schedule your post on the date you've designated in the calendar.
Sharing Information with HootSuite